Every year WoodLINKS® USA awards the, “Teacher of the Year” award to one of our teachers.
We usually convey this award at the teacher in-service at the AWFS or the IWF.
2005 award recipient was, Kathy Sommers, Ed.D. of the Ohio Department of Education.
2006 award recipient was, Keith Yow of Cedar Ridge High School.
2008 award recipient was, Troy Spear of Theodore Roosevelt High School–-Kent Ohio.
2009 award recipient was, Joe Davis of Dale Jackson Career Center-Lewisville, TX.
2010 recipient was Robert Studdard of Rolla High School-Rolla, MO.
2011 recipient was Max Rivera of Sierra Grande Senoir High School.
The following list summarizes the areas of excellence/activity in which nominees for this award are involved. This list is not exhaustive but provides a representation of the types of activities we look for when determining who should receive this award.
- how is the teacher marketing his or her program
- what kind of opportunities the program is generating for the students
- does the teacher produce a newsletter about the program
- how does the teacher involve his/her students in fieldtrips to visit local manufacturing sites
- what projects has the program completed for the school
- what fundraising activities has the program generated
- does the teacher have students who certify in the WoodLINKS® USA Certification Program
- external service – projects the program completes for entities outside the school
- industry involvement in the school –
- does industry visit and provide demonstrations
- does industry come in and talk with the students
- are there industry/education partnerships the teacher has developed
Your assistance with the, “Teacher of the Year” award is requested. If you believe you or your teacher’s activities qualify and/or has demonstrated other noteworthy activities, please take a moment to complete the nomination form. The form can be found at the, “Tools for Industry” tab, under the “Teacher of the Year” tab.
All nominations for this award must be received by June 1 of each school year.
Nomination forms may be returned by mailed, fax or emailed.
PO Box 445, Tuscola, IL 61953