Want to start a WoodLINKS® USA Program in your Area?
You need skilled entry-level employees now and in the future
You want to become more competitive
School programs poorly equipped. Funding for teacher training and new equipment is scarce if not impossible to find. Teaching resources are at best archaic.
Schools are quickly eliminating wood or other technical programs because of cost and because of National priority policies such as “No Child Left Behind”
Teachers are poorly connected to the wood industry
You can make a difference!
What to do:
1. Decide that your company needs a future skilled work force and together with WoodLINKS® USA, commit to being a partner with a local school. We cannot do it without your support. The program is proven – our graduate students are “productive”.
2. Determine if your local school is capable and/or interested in a national industry wood manufacturing program leading to significant teacher training and National Certification of the students. If you cannot find a local school, call WoodLINKS® USA.
3. Commit to a recruitment strategy leading to careers rather than “jobs”. Otherwise, why would someone work in your facility?
4. Assist WoodLINKS® USA in developing the local school wood program.
5. Encourage your association to be supportive of WoodLINKS® USA.