What is WoodLINKS® USA ?
WoodLINKS® USA has the long term intent of providing our wood industry with the necessary
skilled workers to remain competitive at the entry and middle management levels by;
1. Providing a format for Industry and Education to work together to train our future workforce.
2. Providing an Industry-Education developed curriculum for the teacher to teach modern woodworking.
3. Education and Industry promoting woodworking as a career of choice among the youth of our nation.
4. Supplying nationally recognized student certification.
WoodLINKS® USA fosters a cooperative approach between industries and schools by:
1. Locating Industry partners who will mentor and provide technical support.
2. Seeking Industry partners who will participate on an advisory councils, give plant tours, and provide speakers.
3. Educating & certifying students with curriculum that supports local industry.
4. Promoting Education focused on local industry needs.
What does WoodLINKS® USA do?
WoodLINKS® USA assists in establishing a modern, entry-level wood manufacturing program in
high schools and Community Colleges designed to meet your local skilled employee needs by:
1. Delivering Curriculum Guidelines and Sub-Sectors developed in partnership with industry.
2. Supplying teaching resources to assist teachers in developing their curricula.
3. Allowing access to the Madison Area Technical College’s online teaching aids.
4. Providing free teacher training at recognized industry training facilities.
WoodLINKS® USA works together with supporting companies and associations to provide
advice in forming effective and active industry – education partnerships by:
1. Reporting best practices
2. Making Industry aware of the needs of Education.
3. Making Education aware of the needs of Industry.
4. Providing guidelines to move Industry and Education forward together.
Who is WoodLINKS® USA?
WoodLINKS® USA is an incorporated 501 © (3) not-for-profit organization established by
forward thinking industry and education representatives. The main office for WoodLINKS®
USA is located in Morris, IL
WoodLINKS® USA is comprised of 2 staff members, 3 volunteer directors, 13 board members, and hundreds of national
volunteers who have a passion for the wood industry and wood education. If you have a
passion for the wood industry and wood education, you can get involved on many different